We are currently seeking a committed and motivated Higher Level Teaching Assistant to start in April 2022 in one of our client schools in Enfield, North London.
The role is full-time, Monday to Friday (8:30am - 3:30pm), and you will be supporting pupils in both Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4. You will work within a class group throughout the day to support these students with both their learning and their Special Educational Needs.
All the students at this school have SEN, namely Autism, Asperger’s Syndrome and/or Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties.
The salary range is between £100 and £115 per day (inclusive of holiday pay).
The role is as rewarding as it is challenging. You will be fully supported by a highly skilled, friendly staff team however you will be expected to work on your own initiative at times to support the pupils in the best way you can.
We welcome candidates who have empathy, enthusiasm, and a positive outlook on life. The staff team are committed to encouraging the pupils to reach their full potential and it is essential that you share this ethos if you are to thrive in this role.
What you can expect from this position:
- Assisting with the planning and delivery of learning activities
- Using individualised strategies to support students to access the curriculum
- Encouraging student participation and performance
- Promoting students personal, social, emotional and mental health development
- Supervising students during non-classroom time
- Working closely with the staff team to identify any issues and develop and implement appropriate solutions
- Covering the class teacher when they are absent and taking on their role
- Leading small group classes and ensuring catch up progress
- Training and directing other Teaching Assistants to support the students in the best possible way
- Assisting with the assessment and reporting of students academic achievements and behaviour
What’s in it for you?
- Good rate of pay within the sector
- Good support from experienced teachers and senior leaders within the school
- Comprehensive induction programme and continuous in-house CPD from the school
- Consistent support from the LTS team during your assignment
Experience working with those with Special Educational Needs is desirable, however not essential. All applications will be considered so please don't hesitate to apply.
Why work with us?
We were founded in 2008 and our staff have over 20 years experience in SEND education so truly understand what schools and local authorities require to support the children in their care. We will work hard to support you throughout your assignment and help you to develop your existing skills. Our team will also always offer honest feedback to enhance your career in education.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates are expected to share this commitment and will be subject to our stringent vetting process including reference and background checks and necessary qualifications. You must also either be on the DBS Update Service or willing to apply for a new DBS.
If you have been a UK resident for less than 5 years, a right to work visa must be provided and a criminal background check must also be provided for any country you have resided in for 6 months of more within the last 5 years.
We are equal opportunities. Because of this, we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.